Who Are We?
Bukwang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. was established in 1960 and has since continued to produce excellent medications with the aim of improving global health. SirinMED, our oral care brand is the #1 best-selling brand for sensitive teeth in Korea1.
Bukwang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. starts a toothpaste business in collaboration with Blendax GmbH.
Bukwang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. starts to manufacture desensitizing toothpaste.
SirinMED F (Hypersensitive Enamel Protection) is launched. It contains hydroxyapatite, which has been clinically proven to relieve hypersensitivity dentin pain.
Bukwang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. launches SirinMED Daily Protection which contains sage oil, a natural antimicrobial ingredient.
SirinMED Hypersensitive Gum Protection is launched, it provides amazing relief from dentin hypersensitivity pain and it also contains vitamin E, which supports healthy gums .
Bukwang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. launches SirinMED in Canada. Only the Hypersensitive Enamel, Hypersensitive Gum and Daily Protection are going to be available but the rest of the family will follow soon!
The Dentin contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When the dentin loses its protective covering, the tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to stimulate the nerves and cells inside the tooth. This may cause hypersensitivity.
SirinMED products and technologies are focused toward the idea of reducing that pain.
Our ≥ 19% microcrystalline hydroxyapatite is effective in tooth desensitization.Learn more
Vitamin E supports maintaining periodontal health and controlling inflammation.Learn more
Sage oil has antimicrobial effect on the periodontal pathogens.Learn more
Fluoride has caries-protective mechanisms of action. Fluoride enhances the remineralization of demineralized enamel.Learn more
*Synonyms: Calcium phosphate hydroxide, Calcium hydroxyapatite, hydroxyapatite
- 2016 South Korea manufacturing, export, import statistics by MFDS (Ministry of Food and Drug Safety)
- Sensitive teeth causes and treatment (American Dental Association, JADA, Vol. 134, Dec 2003)
- Clinical evaluation of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite containing toothpaste in the control of dentin hypersensitivity after
periodontal treatment (The Journal of Periodontal & Implant Science, 1993; Vol. 23, No. 1;127-134)
- The Effects of Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite-containing Toothpaste in the Control of Tooth Hypersensitivity (The Journal of
Periodontal & Implant Science, 2005; Vol. 35, No. 3; 577-590)
- The Role of Nutrition in Periodontal Health: An Update (Nutrients 2016, No. 8, 530)
- The Effects of Sage Oil, Chamomile and Sanguinaria on the Periodontal Pathogens (The Journal of the Korean Academy of Dental
Health 1996: Vol. 20, No. 2, 167-173)
- Guideline on Fluoride Therapy (American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Practice Guideline Vol. 37, No 6 15/16)